South East Health Integrated Information Portal (SHIIP)
The South East Health Integrated Information Portal (SHIIP), is a secure web-based portal which enables health care providers to share patient data in real time, or near real-time, including hospital emergency room and acute care visits. The Portal incorporates and connects information from existing technology assets, facilitating in the identification of complex/high-needs patients, helping to inform clinical decision and care planning to enhance patient experience.
SHIIP increases system productivity with improved access to coordinated care and ease of transitions between providers for patients, eliminating duplicated tasks and the number of forms required for clinician(s) to complete.
Drivers of SHIIP were identified by a need for a system that can:
- Support the technology objectives of Health Links.
- Link patient activity across multiple sectors in real time or near real time.
- Evaluate and report on key provincial and regional integration indicators.
Key benefits of SHIIP have been identified for patients, providers, and the health care system overall.
For patients it means:
- Greater confidence that your care team is informed of the care you receive from other providers
- Decreased need for patients to repeat information
- Improved coordinated care planning
- Comprehensive information available at point of care
For providers it means:
- Greater access to information from multiple sources
- Greater sense of collaboration on the Health Links Coordinated Care Plan
- More timely access to informationGreater support for clinical decision making
- Sharing of key clinical information with care providers
- Simplified information collection and care overview
For the health care system it means:
- Improved patient experience in the health care system
- Improved flow of information between providers
- Decreased utilization of hospital resources
To stay fully updated on SHIIP's progression, click the subscribe link below to subscribe to our mailing list:
If you have additional questions or would like to schedule an engagement session to further explore SHIIP, please contact: Sydney Dingwell, Project Assistant, Enabling Technologies SHIIP@lhins.on.ca