The South East LHIN’s health system planning and funding functions are now part of Ontario Health, a government agency responsible for ensuring Ontarians continue to receive high-quality health care services where and when they need them.

Service Changes and Funding Related Submissions

Every three years the South East LHIN develops an Integrated Health Service Plan that sets out the priorities and diction we will follow over the coming three years. These priorities and the direction we take are determined by what we hear from our community, what we know about the health of our residents and by the ways in which we can support the overall provincial priorities.

At the beginning of each fiscal year the South East LHIN funding team examines and settles the previous year’s spending to determine the funding available for allocation during the new fiscal year. 

To learn more about Community Funding Allocation Process read the South East LHIN Process for Allocation of Funding (PDF).

Service Delivery Change Requests

The South East LHIN has updated the process, format and forms for Service Delivery Change Requests. 

Please note that Health service providers (HSP) that are proposing changes to service volumes and/or financial/human resource allocations for a health care service that is funded by the South East LHIN or by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) are required to submit a service delivery change form (SDCF) to the South East LHIN. 

The Service Delivery Change Request form can be prepared and submitted by the HSP at any time. Please do not hesitate to contact the South East LHIN if you wish to discuss proposed service changes in advance of completing the form, or if you have questions about the completion of this form.

For additional information on the guidelines for completion of an SDCF, please see the following documents:

Please note that these submissions are only accepted through email.  A copy of the CEO’s approval of submission, endorsed by your organizations CEO will be required.

Health System Improvement Pre-Proposal

The South East LHIN had updated the process, format, and forms for Health System Improvement Pre-Proposal (HSIPP) submissions.

Please note that an HSIPP submission is not considered notice of a proposed integration pursuant to Section 27 for the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006.  Please contact your LHIN consultant if you are intending to seek LHIN acceptance of a Section 27 integration.

The HSIPP can be prepared and submitted by the Health Service Provider for the following types of service changes at any time:




If a pre-proposal is accepted by the South East LHIN, the Health Service Provider will be required to provide a more detailed business case / implementation plan before the final approval will be given. Business cases that meet funding and other criteria and are assessed as having a high probability of success will be recommended to the South East LHIN Board for approval.

Refer to the first page of the HSIPP submission form(PDF) for additional information on how proposals will be evaluated. 

Please note, these submission are only accepted through email and a copy of the CEO's approval of submission, endorsed by your organizations CEO will be required. 

Submissions should be sent to Denise Shannon.