Compliments and Concerns
The Patient Ombudsman is
responsible for investigating complaints related to Ontario’s hospitals and
long-term care homes.
The Ontario Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to public sector bodies. The Ontario Ombudsman does not investigate hospitals or long-term care homes.
Health Care Consent Act
Request Form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act/Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act - click here
One of the core values that guides our work across the South East LHIN is listening to feedback from our communities. The South East LHIN Compliments and Concerns process provides people with a means of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well related to the care they receive.
The process ensures follow-up and helps to identify potential systemic issues. The South East LHIN is committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of a complaint in a timely manner. A review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will:
- Be received with courtesy and recorded accurately
- Be acted upon promptly and fairly
- Be confidential and protected
To view the South East LHIN Compliments and Concerns Process, please click HERE
Provincial (Pan-LHIN) Guiding Principles for Complaints Management
Protecting Your Privacy
If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, the South East Local Health Integration Network and its staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006
and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent.
Please provide your consent by completing one of the following consent forms:
If you have any questions about this collection and use of personal information or the consent forms, please contact:
Amber Gooding, Acting Director, Communications and Engagement
South East Local Health Integration Network
1-866-831-5446 or 613-967-0196 Ext. 2240
If you have concerns that relate to services provided or to be provided by someone else and not to you, please contact the South East LHIN directly for further instructions.
If you wish to contact the South East LHIN to file a compliment or concern, there are several ways of doing so:
- Phone: 613-967-0196 Ext. 2229 or 1-866-831-5446
- Email: Southeast.firstname.lastname@example.org
- When filing a complaint by email, please ensure you address the following questions:
- What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
- What is your concern?
- Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
- What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
- Please also provide:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Your permission for the South East LHIN to contact you regarding the specific concern.
- Your understanding that the information you provided may be used by the South East LHIN to address your specific concern.
- Fax: 613-967-1341 Attn. Communications
71 Adam Street
Canada K8N 5K3
Note: The South East LHIN is not a health custodian under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.